Commercial creditors have legal rights that should be protected. But it’s hard to protect your rights if you don’t understand them.
At Adam Pugh, in Austin, Texas, our commercial debt collection attorneys advise and represent creditors who need to be made whole. We can answer your most pressing questions, like:
- I already have a judgment. How do I actually get my money?
- I am outside Texas. How do I collect from a debtor in Texas?
- Do I need an outside lawyer? Can’t a collections agency help me instead?
- When does it make sense to sell debt?
- What kinds of fees do you charge for collection services?
- What is the most cost-effective way to deal with a book of debt?
- What if my creditor is in Chapter 11 or another form of bankruptcy?
- What do I need to know about the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)?
You Have Options
Many business people do not realize that collection can take many forms before, after or without going to court to obtain a judgment. Our list of commercial collection methods and tools is very extensive. It includes:
- Strategically written letters
- Post-judgment debtor depositions
- Receiverships and debtor exams
- Garnishments and timing
- Having bankruptcy stays lifted
- Filing adversary complaints
- Having show causes issued
Every case is different. Legal representation may or may not make sense for your business. Our firm can give you straightforward advice about your rights as a creditor.
Slater Pugh Can Help You Make Informed Decisions | Contact Us
Talk to an experienced Austin attorney for creditors’ rights. Contact Adam Pugh, to get your questions answered.
Learn more about how we can handle your business’ legal needs.
Contact our offices today at (737) 261-0602 to speak with a qualified member of our legal team.