Texas Business Litigation Attorneys
With the speed at which modern businesses operate, the Texas business litigation lawyers of Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood realize it is essential to trust your business partners, shareholders, and clients to keep up with the pace. Unfortunately, trust is not always rewarded in business. Whether a partner failed to hold up their end of an agreement, an employee shared trade secrets with a competitor, or another breach of trust occurred, disloyalty can have a significant impact on a business. When business disputes arise, companies can fight to ensure that their rights are protected with the help of a business law attorney.
If your company has suffered as the result of another company or individual’s illegal actions, the Texas business litigation lawyers at Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood may be able to help. We can guide your legal actions while defending your interests and rights as a company. Contact our offices today by calling (512) 472-2431 or fill out a contact form online to speak with a qualified member of our legal team about the details of your case and discuss your legal options.
Do I Need a Business Law Attorney?
Running a business requires a unique skill set and a fair share of commitment and perseverance. As such, it can be tempting to assume that you may not even need a business law attorney on your side. In fact, having a professional who knows the details of business litigation is essential. There is a lot at stake with your business, and a lawyer can help protect your interests. Some of the essential benefits of hiring a business attorney include:
- Protect your Company: When you pour your time and money into a business, it is important to keep your company afloat and profitable. Litigation can derail your hard work, especially if there is a bitter dispute between partners or shareholders. A lawyer can work to lessen the damage to your company throughout the legal process.
- Safeguard Personal Assets: Especially if you have invested a large amount of your own resources in the business, a failure for the company can be detrimental to your personal assets. If you have a personal investment in the outcome of your case, do not try to fight without an attorney.
- Negotiate with the Other Side: In the case of a business relationship gone bad or a bitter employer-employee dispute, civil negotiations may feel close to impossible. Attorneys can objectively engage with the other side so you can make your interests known without having to interact with others personally.
The benefits of a qualified Texas business litigation attorney will far outweigh the costs of hiring an advocate, and a lawyer can ultimately save you time, money, and stress. Contact Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood to learn more about the benefits of a business litigation lawyer.
Why Should I Choose Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood to Handle My Case?
In Austin and throughout Texas, there are a number of business law attorneys to choose from. With so much on the line, you want to make sure the lawyer you pick to handle your case has the necessary experience and resources. Some of the benefits of Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood include:
- Great Results: A large percentage of our practice focuses on business litigation, and we have helped clients through the tough deals and the less serious lawsuits. Regardless of the size of the case, we make sure our clients obtain the highest level of advocacy possible.
- Collaborative Approach: We are not a firm whose lawyers disappear on you halfway through your case, never to be seen again. When you choose Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood, we will collaborate with you and other business experts to determine the best method and tactics to meet your needs.
- Recognized Nationally: Our firm has an A+ Better Business Bureau rating, and our attorneys have been included on the list of Super Lawyers Rising Stars from 2011 to 2016.
Above all else, client satisfaction is our top priority. People we have worked with describe us as professional, friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable. To read more about the advantages of hiring Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood, visit our testimonials page to see what former clients are saying about us.
Business Litigation Practice Areas
- Breach of contract: When a partner you trusted breaks their contractual obligation, it can do irreparable harm to your business. Legal action can hold the person in breach of their contract responsible for their actions.
- Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act: Businesses are obligated to act in good faith when handling consumers. That includes avoiding false advertising, breach of warranty, and other deceptive practices.
- Inadequate quality of goods: Businesses rely on other companies and vendors to deliver quality products. If a business, vendor, or client promises to deliver goods of a certain caliber, they can be held accountable if they fail.
- Failure to deliver goods: Whether you were let down by a vendor, business partner, or client, you can take legal action when others fail to deliver products and services that were promised.
- Failure to honor agreements: Breaking your word, either to clients, other businesses, or your own partners, can negatively affect the reputation of your business. Legal action may be necessary if someone failed to honor their agreement to you.
- Partner And Shareholder Disputes: Every business has challenges. A qualified business law attorney can help if you are involved in a major dispute with one or more of your partners or shareholders.
- Shareholder lawsuits: Shareholders in companies may file a lawsuit for a number of reasons, including dissatisfaction with the results of a deal or a company’s failure to deliver goods. Protect yourself from these lawsuits by hiring a lawyer.
- Litigation regarding business assets: Disagreements about assets are bound to happen in business. If your dispute about vehicles, furniture, property, or accounts becomes impossible to resolve, it is best to seek professional help.
- Trade secrets litigation: When someone close to you discloses a trade secret, it can have damaging effects on your business. If a trade secret needs to be protected, contact a Texas business attorney.
- Lawsuit Defense: Facing a lawsuit can be challenging, especially if the company or individual suing you has a lot of resources. An attorney can help you mount a defense to the accusation made against you.
- Business Divorce: Business has a personal side. When a business relationship goes south, one or both parties may feel betrayed and angry. A business lawyer can help you resolve your dispute or dissolve your business.
- Employment disputes: Working with employees is one of the most frustrating and potentially rewarding pieces of a business. A qualified Texas attorney can help you ensure you cover your bases to prevent serious conflict with your employees.
- Construction disputes: Disagreements about contracts are common in business, especially in the construction industry. If you are working in construction, a business law attorney can help you protect your interests.
Unlike some legal disagreements, business law disputes have a lot on the line, both personally and financially. Taking an active role in a business may require legal protection to ensure that your company operates smoothly and your interests are protected. Do not hesitate to contact Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood by calling (512) 472-2431 for all of your business needs.
How Will Business Litigation Affect My Company?
Every company is different, and the range of business litigation cases reflects that. If you allow negative situations to fester, they can wear away company morale and even your reputation. Handling problems sooner rather than later is a better long-term approach. For more advice about the pros and cons of business litigation, contact a business law attorney.
Business in Texas
Small businesses comprise a huge portion of the Texas economy. They are one of the driving forces of job creation and economic growth, and their importance to the strength and diversity of Texas cannot be overstated. According to the U.S. Small Business Administration Office of Advocacy, the following was true of Texas businesses in 2015:
- 152,231 new jobs provided by small businesses
- 2.4 million small businesses in Texas
- 4.4 million small business employees in Texas
- 1.4% increase in private sector employment
When the success of businesses influences such a large chunk of our economy, these companies and company owners deserve a voice. Small businesses employ millions of Texans and provide important services and goods for even more. Contrary to popular belief, businesses are run by all types of people who all need protection from potentially frivolous lawsuits. If you are a business owner in need of a business litigation lawyer, contact Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood for assistance.
Contact a Texas Business Litigation Lawyer
Business litigation typically invokes complex legal questions that involve multiple parties, contracts, employees, and assets. If you are a small or large business owner, do not let a single dispute or a frivolous lawsuit derail your business. Contact a Texas business litigation at Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood in order to protect your business interests and personal livelihood. Call our offices at (512) 472-2431 or fill out an online contact information form for a free initial consultation and to learn more about your legal options.
Learn more about how we can handle your business’ legal needs.
Contact our offices today at (512) 472-2431 to speak with a qualified member of our legal team.