Collecting Out-Of-State Judgments
Some creditors go to court to secure a judgment against a debtor — only to find themselves struggling to collect on that judgment. This can be an especially difficult challenge when the creditor is in a different state — particularly when the state is Texas.
In the world of collections, a foreign judgment is a judgment from a court in another state. Some attorneys are experienced at turning foreign judgments into actual money.
Domesticating Texas Judgments | Many Collections Tools At Our Disposal
The commercial debt collection lawyers of Adam Pugh, based in Austin, are highly effective at enforcing out-of-state judgments against commercial debtors located in Texas. Our firm uses a wide variety of enforcement methods to help our clients get what is due to them. If you have an out-of-state judgment that represents significant value, we can represent you and provide answers to critical questions like:
- How do I actually collect if I win a judgment?
- Is my judgment enforceable? Why or why not?
- Do I need an attorney to enforce a judgment?
- Do I need a Texas lawyer to help me collect in Texas?
- What does it mean to domesticate a foreign judgment? Will I need to go to court?
- When is it possible to go after the personal assets of business owners?
- What if one of my debtors is in bankruptcy?
Call Us | Get The Honest Advice You Need | Free Consultation
Every situation is different. Slater Pugh attorneys have seen almost every imaginable collection scenario. We will tell you the truth about your judgment and advise you of your options. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Learn more about how we can handle your business’ legal needs.
Contact our offices today at (737) 261-0602 to speak with a qualified member of our legal team.