Business And Corporate Law
If your corporation, business or organization is looking to sell, expand, or continue a positive upward trend of growth, a qualified corporate law attorney can provide you with the practical legal representation you deserve. A corporate law attorney at Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood can help you navigate the ongoing process of growing and maintaining a business.
Since 1985 the business and corporate law attorneys at Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood have represented hundreds of businesses in Austin and all over Texas. Over the last 32 years, we have earned a reputation for our expertise in the complex areas of business and corporate law. Adam Pugh was selected to Super Lawyers 2017, was listed as a Rising Star from 2010 – 2017 and boasts an AVVO rating of 9.2.
For more than 32 years, Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood has been a fixture in the Austin community. We do not view the people we represent as just clients – they’re our neighbors and friends. If you’re involved in a corporate law concern, we will work diligently to help get the problem resolved.
If you or someone you know requires assistance with any corporate law issues, we can help. Contact the Texas corporate law attorneys at Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood today to speak with a qualified member of our legal team about the details of your particular legal needs and learn more about how we can efficiently handle them. Call us at (512) 472-2431 or fill out our email form.
Do I need a business and corporate law attorney?
For medium and large sized businesses, there is a range of legal issues which must occasionally be dealt with to ensure the ongoing success of the company, and having the support of a Texas corporate law attorney can be invaluable in handling these matters. With skilled legal assistance, a company can feel more secure in that they can successfully resolve any legal concern and focus on what matters most — the continued development of the company and furthering its success.
A highly credentialed corporate law attorney can help with the formation and management of a corporation. We can provide you with counsel and help facilitation business transactions for your business as these matters can be highly complex and difficult to implement. We’re experienced in the formulation of corporate bylaws, long-term risk assessment, commercial real estate transactions and more.
Why choose Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood to handle my case?
If you need a lawyer in Austin, you have a variety of options to choose from. However, not all corporate and business lawyers are created equal. Choosing the right attorney may determine the future success of your business. These are some factors that set Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood apart:
Experience – Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood was founded in Austin in 1985; few firms in the area can claim that kind of longevity and experience.
Client satisfaction – It’s essential that our clients are kept in the loop during every step of the formation and management of their business. Our legal staff works hard to provide our clients with the detailed business information and compassion they deserve. Read what our clients have to say about their positive experience with our firm in their testimonials.
Types of cases we handle
As a business owner, handling delicate business matters as they come up and with efficiency is critical to your company’s continued success. At Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood, we can help your company with a wide range of corporate law issues, including:
- Buying a business – Our priority is ensuring that our clients’ bests interests are kept in mind when they’re looking to buy a business. We’re able to provide future business owners with answers and clarity about business formation, partnerships, contract matters and disputes. We’re committed to making sure that you’re protected from a potential loss, and the attorneys at Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood have successfully guided hundreds of business owners in the right direction.
- Corporate by-laws – Our attorneys are specialists in the formation of by-laws for a growing corporation or business. We’re able to work proactively in order to prevent incomplete or inaccurate bi-laws from being implemented into this exceedingly important document. We’re prepared to help your business formulate and amend the laws and regulations from which it will continue to grow.
- Corporate counsel – If you have a small or medium-sized business we understand that your business may not require an attorney on retainer. Regardless of the size of your business, you may still face legal issues in which a corporate counsel attorney could be immensely helpful in resolving.
- For referring attorneys – We’ve worked with a wide breadth of companies from startups to nationally- recognized corporations. We’re prepared to share our experience in litigated and transactional matters to those who need it.
- Long-term risk assessment – At Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood, we’re looking to optimize the longevity and success of your business and minimize the future risks your business may face. A long-term risk evaluation can be immensely helpful in planning for future expenses and setbacks.
- Mergers, acquisitions, subsidiary formation – The creation of legal documents like mergers, acquisitions, and subsidiary formation are exceedingly vital to a company’s success. An acquisitions attorney can assist with creating and adjust by-laws, contracts, and negotiations with shareholders.
- Minutes of the board – Thorough board meeting minutes are essential for maintaining a high- quality business. We want to be sure that the discussions during your board meetings are captured in meeting minutes as they can be referenced at a later time and work to keep companies organized and efficient.
- Owner-financed sale of a business – It’s important that our clients are protected and fully informed before selling their business. We can provide our expert legal advice to help with negotiations, the formation of a complete contract, and in planning for future disputes.
- Representation for entrepreneurs – We’re looking to help continue the growth of small business ventures and help provide business owners with concrete legal representation and advice. We can inform you on why specifically tailored contracts for your business are better than online templates, matters relating to intellectual property as it relates to your company, and capital development. We’re looking to nurture and foster progress for the entrepreneurs in our community.
- Selling a business – Our team of attorneys understands the complexities involved in selling a business. We want our clients to be aware of the potential liabilities involved in selling a business when competent legal representation is not there to help navigate the process. We can help you obtain collateral, submit the necessary contracts and value the company as a whole.
- Shareholder meetings – Shareholder meetings must comply with the company’s by-laws as well as state and federal law. We can help ensure that your meetings are successfully documented in meeting minutes, are consistently scheduled, and the cover subject matter discussed during the meeting is relevant and necessary.
- Commercial real estate transactions – Commercial real estate transactions can be complicated and daunting to navigate. Our attorneys are experienced in drafting legal contracts, negotiating and closing commercial leases and much more. We take a holistic approach to providing business owners with comprehensive legal advice as it pertains to their company’s goals and interests.
Business and Corporate Law Statistics
According to the 2012 United States Report from the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor, 56% of Americans believed they were capable of starting a business in 2012. Over two-thirds of business owners start at home, and 59% continue to operate their business from their home. In 2012, 38% of entrepreneurs reported that they received no training before starting their business.
The Small Business Administration reported on the survival rate for new businesses and acknowledged that about half of new business survive five years or more and one- third survive ten years or more. From 2009 to 2013, 60% of new jobs are attributed to employment provided by small firms.
The Austin corporate attorneys at Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood know the business owners and entrepreneurs of this state are hard-working and driven individuals. If you feel you’ve hit a roadblock and are looking for answers on how to move forward with your company, the attorneys at Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood are prepared to provide you with high-quality legal guidance. For more than 32 years our attorneys have worked diligently to make sure our clients’ interests are protected.
For these or any other corporate law issues, our team of experienced attorneys can give you the qualified representation your company deserves and make sure these matters are handled in the manner you expect. If your business is struggling to manage its legal issues or is simply in need of a highly qualified corporate attorney, the Austin corporate law attorneys at Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood are prepared to provide you with the assistance you need. Contact our offices today to learn more about what we can do for your business. A qualified corporate law attorney at Cagle Carpenter Hazlewood will provide you with a free consultation. Call us at (512) 472-2431 or fill out our email form.
Learn more about how we can handle your business’ legal needs.
Contact our offices today at (512) 472-2431 to speak with a qualified member of our legal team.